Flexible HR support that grows with your organisation
From day one, our client understood the foundational importance of HR as a driver of business success. Initially brought in to support them in the development of their own internal HR function, the leadership team has recognised the benefits of working with a complete outsourced solutions supplier that collaborates as a valued business partner.
Early on, we worked with the founders to define the culture, values, vision, and mission of the business, providing a ‘north star’ to ensure everything done subsequently was strategically aligned.
Beyond ongoing HR advice and guidance – supporting and coaching managers in all aspects of employee relations – and the day-to-day administration of the function, to date, we have:
- Created policies, procedures, handbooks, and processes for all elements of the employee lifecycle, including the development of an onboarding and induction programme
- Implemented an online HR platform – that enables easy, automated employee data capture, storage, and reporting – that grows with business
- Set up the monthly payroll system
- Initiated communications and employee engagement initiatives that will ensure the business remains a great place to work
- Established reward and recognition programmes that not only help develop and maintain a high-performance culture, but that also ensure the business can continue to attract and retain the best talent
- Instigated a monthly leadership development programme for 20 members of the Leadership Team
- Created leadership collaboration spaces where we share resources to support self-development and create a safe space for the leadership community to share ideas, experiences, and support one another
- Supported the development of the Executive Team, delivering preferences and effectiveness initiatives that meant they were able to operate at a highly effective level from the outset
- Delivered ongoing 121 leadership coaching for the Leadership Team, as well as coaching employees who have been identified as successors within the business
- Overseen all recruitment and selection, including sitting on interview panels and psychometric testing and assessment of candidates
The business has grown rapidly from a startup of four to a thriving organisation of nearly 100 people. Clarity around the culture, values, vision, and mission of the business has underpinned everything we have done. Its rapid growth speaks volumes about the impact HR can have as a driver of success by ensuring everything is strategically aligned. To this end, we now sit on the Executive Team, assuming the role of HR Director, enabling us to continue to influence, challenge, and advise the business.
Our initiatives have helped foster a high-performing, collaborative culture and established systems and support structures that ensure growth is sustainable. We are currently in the process of using psychometrics, alongside 121 coaching, to create individual development plans to ensure high-potential employees are identified, supported, and able to realise that potential.
4 October 2022